Sunday 13 May 2012

This is what i have been working on over the past few weeks for my final deadline at uni, on my fashion design course, to complete my second year.








So i made my dress, which originally came from a picture of a swarm of jellyfish. My research involved how the jellyfish reminded me of bulbs of light under the water, shimmering so bright and lighting up the ocean. Also they reflected the image of a chandelier in my mind, all the glimmering crystals falling, capturing your eyes. So i created this dress. So shiny, so silky, smooth, pearls to resemble the jellyfish, the blue to represent the sea and the champagne to represent them themselves. I wanted to create something dream like, so then Alice in Wonderland struck and made this final image.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, this is amazing, you have clearly worked incredibly hard.
    I love the idea of how this dress came about, thats what I love about being creative, and how you can watch an idea develop. :)

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete